I love cookies! They are my favorite dessert, hands down. Favorite kind? Peanut butter. Chewy peanut butter.
But these dark chocolate cookies were pretty good.
What’s NOT to like? Cookies? Dark chocolate? And a secret ingredient…
Instant espresso powder. Or maybe it wasn’t so secret after all- my friends detected there was coffee in there. Oh well.
Coffee does really intensify the chocolate factor though. That’s for sure!
They were pretty easy to make.
After mixing and dropping by small-ice cream scoop onto a baking sheet, they were done!
Little bite size chocolatey cookies.
You want the recipe?
Dark Chocolate Cookie Bites
Double Chocolate Espresso Cookies
Adapted from Martha Stewart
Found on THIS website.
1 cup flour
1/2 cup unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1-1/2 cups sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extra
1 tbsp instant espresso powder
8 oz bittersweet chocolate (4 oz melted and 4 oz chopped)
– Preheat oven to 350 degrees
– In a medium bowl, sift together flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt
– With an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Mix in vanilla
– Combine espresso powder and melted chocolate; beat into butter mixture.
– With mixture on low, gradually add flour mixture and mix just until combined
– Gently fold in chopped chocolate
– Use a small-sized ice cream scoop to drop dough about 2 inches apart and bake for about 15 minutes.